Episode 28 – Cheese, Coronavirus and Commercials
We have the C’s for you this week. Eric and his Wife drove like crazy people over the back-roads of Wisconsin in the Cheese Freeze Rally. We talk about the Coronavirus attacking China and how that might affect part distribution for months to come. We also get caught up in Superbowl commercials. We run down all the automotive ads from the big game and decide which ones we liked best. Sorry… “Smart Paaaahk” does not start with a C… otherwise I would have integrated it into the title.
We are one again indebted to our show sponsors:
Casey Law Office
Fort’s Toyota of Pekin
Where Eric and Daryl talk about what’s going on in their garages… Or trips… Or car-related activities.
- Eric: Cheese Freeze Rally talk. A ton of fun. Why can’t we do this in Peoria? Is it time to try again?
- Daryl: It’s too warm? Daryl has tree sap on his cars and it sounds like some Chainsaws will be fired up this spring!
TWISM (This week in Social Media)
- Mini Car show on Superbowl Sunday. Cheers to Nate Sosa and others for wanting to do something locally when the weather was nice in February!
- Superbowl Commercials. It’s not totally a social media thing, but who didn’t see the Jeep commercial on Facebook before or after the game? Genius move Jeep.
- China and the outbreak of the Corona Virus. How will this affect the distribution of cars and parts over the 2020 model year?
- Electric conversions? Who is taking a 911 and ripping out the petrol motor? Somebody did… It’s newsworthy! But, will it be more obsolete in a decade with new EV gear vs. just leaving it alone?
- Are There Enough Old Guys to Keep Vintage Car Clubs Running? A recent Autoweek article spawned some insightful discussion on social media this week. We keep the conversation going.
- Want to buy a dragstrip? We’ve got one for sale in Havana, Illinois.
Moment of Musk
- Elon drops his latest single. We’ll give you a listen! (Please don’t turn off the show!)
Where Eric and Daryl scratch their heads about everyday human beings. Or show off our crotchety-old-man sides.
- Using free vacuums at the 3 buck wash???
- Saving thousands on a used car, only to be upset you don’t get 3 free rotations???
Cars of the Weak
As always, we pick a pair of cars for sale that should make it into our respective garages if money wasn’t an object. This week, we rock a Toyota Land Cruiser that needs some TLC and a classic Chevy Caprice police car.
Get Yourself a Cool Sticker!
Remember… You can get a sticker by leaving us a review on iTunes!
It’s easy… Copy this:
I was lost in a sea of worthless automotive podcasts until my saviors showed up in their podcast dingy. Daryl “smooth vocals” Scott and Eric “hugs like Richard Dawson” Stahl are my new favorite hosts. Watch out, they are going to slam Joe Rogan off the top of the Podcast Charts like an MMA big fighter person. My new favorite show.
Can you do that? Copy and Paste? How hard was that? Now you get a sticker!
Thanks again for listening! We appreciate all of your support!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS